Twitter is rapidly moving up the social networking food chain and is currently outranked by only Facebook and MySpace. It features a programming API that allows you to build Web sites and applications (both desktop and mobile) for reading and posting to Twitter, finding other Twitter users, aggregating Twitter content, and other uses. This book walks you through the process of combining many programming tools in order to build exciting, useful, and profitable applications.
You'll begin with a look at RESTful services and examine how to structure your queries, handle asynchronous operations, use headers, and post binary data. From there, author and TweetSharp developer Daniel Crenna explains how to authenticate with the OAuth specification for Web and Windows applications.
- Twitter is growing in popularity at a rapid pace and this book shows you how to take advantage of its programming API to build applications
- Explains the various ways to design a Twitter application, including caching, third party application interoperability, real-time data binding, push vs. pull data scenarios, and more
- Takes an in-depth look at TweetSharp, a .NET library for developing Twitter applications-whose creator is also the author of this book
- Walks you through requesting and retrieving responses from Twitter's API
- Warns you of considerations to take into account regarding authentication and security
Professional Twitter Development shows you how to get the most out of Twitter so that you can build your own applications for this exciting new platform.
Autor Daniel Crenna
Technische Angaben Wiley Professional Twitter Development: With Examples in .NET 3.5
Größe 236 x 189 x 188 mm
Produktgewicht 771 g
Manufacturer Part Number 978-0-470-53132-7
This discussion is intended to exchange information between customers. If your question answered within 48 hours, the answer gives you an expert of Dodax.